Book Review: Listen Up! Your Heart is Speaking, by Robin Lee

Listen Up! Your Heart Is SpeakingListen Up! Your Heart Is Speaking by Robin Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been a fan of Robin Lee for a few years now, so I was keen to get hold of her book. Plus when she saw me post about receiving it, she sent me a beautiful journal to match it, which I love.

The cover and design of this book are lovely, especially the illustrations inside dividing the chapters. Sadly I felt the font let it down a bit, it was large and not as elegant as the rest of the book - to my eye at least.

Robin provides an easy and uncomplicated way to listen and connect to your heart. There is a simplicity to this book that many in the self-help and personal development arena lack. There aren't masses of exercises to follow all the way through, and Lee doesn't pump the reader full of her ideas on how the reader should feel or think or her opinions on it all. She provides a simple, clear process.

The first part of the book talks about how to listen to your body and heart during day to day moments and talks about how to create the right mindset to ease the connection, and at the end of the book simple straight forward instruction is given on exercises the author uses, with some answers to FAQ questions.

I liked it and would definitely read it again. I have done a lot of reading in this area and also done some meditations on connecting to the heart, so it was simple for me to embrace it. For others they might want more depth. But it is a great starting point to get you connecting to your heart on a daily basis and relieve stress in your life.

View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment